The MMMSL is sanctioned by the Michigan Soccer
Association and by USSF. This page is intended for the
league officials (referees). Officials should print this
page and bring it to each game as reference.
If the information on this page does not correspond with the information from the Arbiter.net, please notify your Referee scheduler.
Points of Emphasis
- Each team shall provide a legible game report/team
roster, player passes, and $70.00 (Open/Over-30,Over-40, 11 v 11) or $60.00(Over-40, 8 v 8). The fee is reduced by 1/3 if only
two referees show up or by 2/3 if only one referee shows up.
- Each player must have an embossed
MMMSL player pass.
- Missing Player Passes - if any
player does not have a player pass, they can
participate by writing and signing their name on
the game report form. However, a valid
player pass must be presented before
the end of the game. If a
player pass is not presented, please
make a note on the game report.
- The home team shall provide a
stamped, addressed envelope for the game reports,
a game ball, and corner flags. In the event of a
jersey color conflict, the home team shall
provide an alternate.
- A team must forfeit if the team
does not provide a completed game report/team
roster form. The MMMSL urges officials to
enforce this strictly!!
- Center Referee mails both game reports and the player passes
for any red-carded players to MattWilliams 2280 Keller Road, Holt, MI 48842 using an addressed stamped envelope
provided by the home team. Please mail within 24 hours of
Forfeits, Weather, and Payment:
- The game is forfeited if a team does not have
enough eligible players by 15 minutes
after the official starting time. Please return
the fee to the team that did not forfeit. The
forfeiting team must pay the full $140.00 (Open/Over-30/Over-40 11 v 11) or $120.00 (Over-40, 8v8) fee. The
MMMSL will ensure that this fee is paid even if
the forfeiting team does not pay at the field.
- Lightning and/or Thunder - game to be suspended
until 30 minutes after the last sighting of lightning.
If the maximum stoppage time exceeds 45 minutes, the remainder of
the game is cancelled. More details on Lightning and/or Thunder can
be found on GLASRA Website.
- Terminated Match - if a
scheduled match is terminated at the field for
any reason either prior to the start of
play or before its completion, the referee(s)
present at the match shall receive full
Rules of Play - USSF rules are
followed with the following points of emphasis:
Match Length and Substitutions
- Open , Over-30, and Over 40 (11 V 11): A match shall last 2 equal periods of 45 minutes with a 10-minute half time.
Over 40 (8 V 8): A match shall last 2 equal periods of 40 minutes with a 10-minute half time. games will be played at Mid-size fields
Officials should use discretion to shorten the\ periods or half time if the game is running late.
Substitution: all divisions
** Prior to a throw-in, both teams can sub if the team with possession is ready to sub; otherwise, the team that doesn't have possession can't sub.
** Prior to a goal kick, by either team.
** After a goal is scored by either team.
** After an injury, by either team, when the referee stops play.
** At half time
** After a Yellow card. The carded player(s) may be substituted (Up to the team manager), and if substituted, the opposing team may substitute 1 for 1
Officials are urged to be aggressive about issuing cautions for dissent.
For the Over-40 Division ONLY:
- Games will be played on smaller fields with 8 v 8 and larger fields for 11 v 11.
- Officials are urged (but not required) to treat all sliding tackles as unsporting behavior and to issue a caution to the offending player. The MMMSL has a gentlemen's agreement to refrain from slide-tackling in the Over-40 division.